Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From The Better Homes & Gardens website!
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried bow tie pasta
- 1 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In 5- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; combine beef, undrained tomatoes, broth, cannellini beans, kidney beans, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Add pasta and squash to cooker (if using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting). Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes more or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
This was a really fantastic soup, my family liked it I could not find cannellini beans so I used small navy beans and it turned out great. We topped it all off with a little shredded parmesan cheese. This was made for Fall PAC 2008.