Recipe by SueVM
I use this delicious tender flank steak for stuffing enchiladas. The taste of the seasoning is quite spicy but oh so good. Nothing is wasted in this dish, the liquid from the stock goes into the oven as sauce for the baked enchiladas. All credit for the seasoning goes to Potsie's recipe for Mucho Gusto Taco Seasoning #199955
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, thinly sliced and all fat removed
- 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded, cut into long strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water (or stock, just enough to cover meat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the sliced flank steak in a slow cooker, chop the onion and add to the cooker.
- Next add your seasonings and cover with the water or stock. Cook on low for 9hrs.
- 2hrs before the meat is cooked, in a skillet add the tablespoon of oil and gently fry the green pepper strips.
- When partially cooked add the strips to the slow cooker.
- Take 2 forks and shred meat in the cooker, reserving the stock to use as a sauce for baked enchiladas, taco's, burritos, etc.