10 hrs 20 mins
This recipe comes from allrecipes.com. Use in taco's, enchiladas, burritos, etc. or just sandwiches. If you like a less spicy roast use less hot pepper sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 fluid ounces beer or 4 fluid ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1Using a sharp knife, poke several 1 inch deep holes in the roast. Insert the garlic slivers into the holes.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, mustard powder and dried tarragon. Mix together well and rub over the meat.
- 3In a separate small bowl, combine the beer, or coke cola, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and liquid smoke and mix well. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the meat.
- 4Add the onion, green bell pepper and jalapeno chile peppers to the slow cooker.
- 5Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or more. Remove roast and shred with 2 forks.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Mexican Shredded Beef
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.0
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 195.6 mg
- Sodium 393.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring