Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 small red potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Beat egg and milk in a bowl.
- Stir in bread cubes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add beef and mix.
- Shape into a loaf and place into slow cooker.
- Spread ketchup on top.
- Arrange carrots and potatoes around loaf.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook another 7-8 hours until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender.
I am helping a friend add some new recipes to his repertoire. He gave this recipe rave reviews. One thing he appreciated was not having to brown the ground beef before adding it. He also appreciated having the whole meal in one dish. We liked it!