Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Easy to prepare and a dish you will be proud to serve to guests.
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over the chicken.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Baste the chicken. Add parsley.
- Cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
- If desired, thicken cooking juices and serve over chicken and rice.
Really nice flavour! I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts & the full amount of the sauce. I served the sauce over some brown rice & it was a lovely meal!
This was very first crock-pot recipe; I remember putting together most of the ingreds for swiss steak in a crock pot when I was a kid, but that doesn't count since I wasn't doing it on my own. This was a very successful recipe imo. Except for the amt of chicken and butter I kept all the ingreds the same amt. I used 2 medium-small boneless;skinless chicken breasts and about 1 tbsp of Smart Balance spread. I used one packet of Herb Ox brand chicken bouillon powder and dried parsley flakes instead of fresh. I only needed to cook this on low for 3 hrs and 20 mins. Except for the previously mentioned changes, I followed the recipe exactly. The chicken was flavorful and so tender, no knife was needed; it was melt-in-your mouth tender. The cooking juices were excellent over white rice. Bf tasted the rice and sauce and said simply, "Yummy." When he tasted the chicken, he said "Chicken is yummy." I'm very glad I tried this, perfect blend of flavors, perfect amount of lemon. Thanks carolinafan for making my first try with a crock pot recipe so successful! :)
I thickened the sauce and served it with brown rice. Very good.