Recipe by DrGaellon
From a recipe at A Year of Slow Cooking. http://bit.ly/bJw9zL Goes well with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Top Review by Blunt
Slow cooker recipes are a tricky target to hit, in my opinion and so we tried this on a whim not knowing what to expect. My family loves lamb but rarely do I have time to get a real roast into our weekly meals! This is as easy as it read and it is a delicious combination of flavours (my food critics, a 5 year old and 3 year old approved heartily!). Served with mashed taters, I made a sauce with the juices in the crock by adding 1 cup of beef stock and corn starch to thicken a little, whisked over high-medium heat till bubbly and well blended. The sauce is just amazing and should not be wasted as it goes so well over the mashed and the meat. Well done, DrGaellon, saving this one!
- 3 lbs whole leg of lamb (bone-in or boneless)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ingredients for the wet rub. Smear all over the outside of the leg of lamb. Place into a 4-qt slow cooker. No additional liquid is necessary.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high 4-5 hours. If the meat isn't quite tender enough, try carving it and putting it back in the sauce for 20-30 minutes more.