Recipe by carolinafan
This has became a favorite of mine; just put it in the crockpot and forget about it for a few hours.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Our family loves lasagna but this was just ok. It certainly was fast. But the family found it to be bland. It needs onion or garlic when cooking the meat, definitely some spices like Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. It was indeed quick to make and the noodles turned out well but the alfredo sauce didn't make it taste traditional like baked lasagna with ricotta. We wanted to love it. Thanks for posting Carolinafan. Maybe we are just traditionalists when it comes to lasagna :)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (26 -28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (1 lb) jar alfredo sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Spray 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato pasta sauce in bottom of sprayed slow cooker. Stir remaining tomato pasta sauce and tomato sauce into ground beef.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce in slow cooker, breaking noodles as necessary. Top with 1/3 of the Alfredo pasta sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.
- Repeat layering twice, using 2 lasagna noodles in last layer. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. If desired, cut into wedges to serve.