Recipe by JacquelynLee
This is based on a recipe I saw in Chatelaine magazine. It is hands-down the best slow cooker recipe EVER! It's great served over mashed potatoes, but my favourite way to serve it is in kaiser buns, with the yummy shredded beef piled high on top. I put out toppings like arugula or lettuce, horseradish, mayonnaise, and sliced dill pickles, and let people fix their own bun the way they like it. Make sure to drizzle some of the wonderful sauce on each bun too, and also some of the onions too. Sooooo good!
Top Review by julie6111
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! Yum yum yum. So ridiculously easy to make, i had everything i needed in the pantry (except the roast of course). I used a 1kg lump of blade and it shrunk down to the tiniest amount, so next time i'm gonna put a monster in. I cant wait to have guests over to share this delicious meat with!!! Thank you so so much for sharing this delightful recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 beef blade roast, 2-1/2 lb (or even slightly larger)
- 1 dozen kaiser roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all ingredients but meat together in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Remove string from roast. Cut roast in half. Place meat in the soy mixture and turn to coat. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender, 5-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. (Note: Cooking it on low is preferable, the meat just falls apart, it's so tender.).
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with a knife and fork, then return it to the sauce.
- Pile onto mashed potatoes, or buns with toppings. DEE-LICIOUS!