Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I had been craving the curried chicken I used to get from a Jamaican restaurant before I moved. I found this recipe at recipecottage.com and this is the closest I've found.
jamaican curried chicken
- 2 -3 lbs chicken (thighs,legs,or breasts)
- 2 onions
- sliced garlic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh thyme, snipped
- garlic powder (to coat chicken)
- seasoning salt (to coat chicken)
- black pepper (to coat chicken)
- 6 tablespoons jamaican curry powder (i.e. Walker's Wood, ACME, Blue Mountain)
- lemon pepper, to coat chicken
- 1⁄2 scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- Mix the meat with all the above ingredients except the thyme in a.
- large pot to coat. Ensure the meat is thoroughly mixed and covered.
- Place the mixture in the crock pot, add the snipped thyme.
- Cook on high 1 hour, reduce to low and cook for 5-6 hours or until tender and juices run clear.