1/1 Photo of Slow Cooked Italian Stew (Crock Pot)
4 hrs 15 mins
Have always been a fan of slow cooked meals and with my new crock pot, I'm equiped to try some new ones. The original recipe comes from "The Slow Cooker Bible" and includes my intended modifications. As I have not yet tried this dish, feedback is especially welcome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 (9 ounce) package cooked spicy chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and vertically cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 large zucchini, halved and cut into 3/8 inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth (can use bouillon and water)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (use another white bean if desired)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1Coat slow cooker with a light layer of cooking spray.
- 2Add carrots and onions. Top with chicken cubes and chicken sausage. Top with peppers and zucchini.
- 3Mix together the tomatoes, broth, rosemary, garlic and oregano. Pour on top of ingredients in the crock pot.
- 4Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours. Vegetables should be tender and chicken cooked but not falling apart.
- 5Turn cooker to high and stir in cannellini beans and re-cover slow cooker. Cook and additional 10 to 15 minutes until beans are heated through.
- 6Ladle stew into bowls and garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Italian Stew (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 914.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 23.7 g