Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Don't know what I would do without my crockpot. Savory tender beef over hot noodles. My family gave it the thumbs up.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Very good and easy. I added about 4 cloves minced garlic and 2 extra carrots to this.I used canned mushrooms because I didn't have any fresh and I used a white onion instead of the green.I followed the recipe the rest of the way, using the red wine(Burgundy), and added in some worcestershire sauce too.Served over buttered egg noodles and sprinkled with fresh minced parsley and sourdough rolls on the side. My husband liked it very much. Yummy meal on a chilly night. Thank you very much for sharing! I will make this again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef bottom round steaks
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup quartered mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all fat from meat; cut steak into 1-inch pieces Put meat into a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add in carrots, celery, mushrooms, green onions, undrained tomatoes, beef broth, wine, tapioca, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9-10 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; discard bay leaf.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.