Recipe by ErikaNY
One of our favorite Italian dishes! I prefer to use a "long" noodle for this dish (such as fettuccine). Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by DuChick
This was just OK for us. Even with all the listed spices, it seemed to be missing something in the flavor. There was also at least 2 extra cups of sauce that I'll find a use for. Tagged, made and reviewed for the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in your slow-cooker (crock pot).
- In a bowl, combine the next 11 ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Poor 'cooking juices' into a saucepan; skim fat if any.
- Combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir into juices and bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or untiul thickened.
- Serve over chicken and noodles.