An adaptation of a recipe from "Dinnertime Easy: Slow Cooker Recipes." I love the combination of spicy, sweet and hot that emerges in this dish, though the flavor will vary based on the type of curry used. Part of why I love this one is that the taste is even better the next day, so it's a great option for those of us in smaller households and cook once and plan for leftovers. As presented this is 5 WW points per serving.
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced thin
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 29.58 ml grainy brown mustard
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml honey
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 (566.99 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml water
- 2 small red peppers, halved and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- Place the sliced onions in a thin layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. Scatter the baby carrots on top.
- Mix together the mustards, honey, curry powder and cayenne together in a bowl. Brush half of the mixture onto the chicken breasts and place the poultry on top of the onions and carrots. Top with the red peppers.
- Mix the water into the remaining honey mustard mix. Pour over the peppers.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.