Recipe by justcallmetoni
An adaptation of a recipe from "Dinnertime Easy: Slow Cooker Recipes." I love the combination of spicy, sweet and hot that emerges in this dish, though the flavor will vary based on the type of curry used. Part of why I love this one is that the taste is even better the next day, so it's a great option for those of us in smaller households and cook once and plan for leftovers. As presented this is 5 WW points per serving.
Top Review by jswinks
Very good meal! We made with boneless skinless thighs and turned out great. I do agree the cooking time might be a little long. Maybe cooking on low for 4-5 hours would work better. The carrots picked up the sweetness of the sauce, and the chicken had a nice flavor. Not overly curry tasting. May add more "spice" next time. Also, we had a lot of carrots left over, maybe will use less next time. Will definitely make again.
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons grainy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 small red peppers, halved and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sliced onions in a thin layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. Scatter the baby carrots on top.
- Mix together the mustards, honey, curry powder and cayenne together in a bowl. Brush half of the mixture onto the chicken breasts and place the poultry on top of the onions and carrots. Top with the red peppers.
- Mix the water into the remaining honey mustard mix. Pour over the peppers.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.