1/2 Photos of Slow Cooked Honey Curry Chicken
4 hrs 10 mins
An adaptation of a recipe from "Dinnertime Easy: Slow Cooker Recipes." I love the combination of spicy, sweet and hot that emerges in this dish, though the flavor will vary based on the type of curry used. Part of why I love this one is that the taste is even better the next day, so it's a great option for those of us in smaller households and cook once and plan for leftovers. As presented this is 5 WW points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons grainy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 small red peppers, halved and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 1Place the sliced onions in a thin layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. Scatter the baby carrots on top.
- 2Mix together the mustards, honey, curry powder and cayenne together in a bowl. Brush half of the mixture onto the chicken breasts and place the poultry on top of the onions and carrots. Top with the red peppers.
- 3Mix the water into the remaining honey mustard mix. Pour over the peppers.
- 4Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Honey Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 341.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: