Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Taste of the South Oct/Nov 2012 Magazine.
- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 (5 lb) whole chickens
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a 6 qt slow cooker. Remove giblets from chicken if necessary.
- In small bowl combine all spices/seasonings. Rub chicken with herb mixture and place on top of potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reaches 175 degreees. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.