A tasty, low-fat soup. Add some garlic bread and salad.
Make and share this Slow-Cooked Harvest Vegetable and Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 bouillon cubes (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Add all the ingredients except the rice and basil to a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in rice; stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in basil; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve hot.