Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A tasty, low-fat soup. Add some garlic bread and salad.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 bouillon cubes (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Add all the ingredients except the rice and basil to a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in rice; stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in basil; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve hot.
mmm mmm delicious veggie soup! I didn't have any veggie broth so i used low salt, no fat chicken broth, worked out great. We loved the combination of veggies, I used canned diced tomatoes. Also just used about a quarter cup of rice as the soup is very thick and had to use dried basil. We love it and I will make it again, thanks for posting it will be great to have in the freezer for lunches.
Very delicious soup and quite healthy. Followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't make any changes. Cooking on low for 6 hours was just right in my crock-pot. My kids, who don't like many things veggie, even liked it. Thanks for an easy, good week-night cold weather soup.
Good but a bit to much tomato for us -- next time I'll use chopped tomatoes instead of the crushed.