Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Recipe is from Bella Online's Greek food site.
Make and share this Slow Cooked Greek Style Chicken Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 6 fresh chicken thighs (on the bone) or 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large piece broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces chickpeas (drained weight)
- 6 shallots
- 14 ounces potatoes (drained weight)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- The first step is to place the chicken in the slow cooker. If there are any bones on the meat then you can remove them but it is also okay to leave them in as they will usually come away once the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice as well as the preferred amount of oregano, salt and pepper into a large bowl and stir. Pour on top of the chicken and stir again.
- Set the cooker on a high heat for approximately 6 hours or on a low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Prepare the carrots, broccoli and shallots as well as draining and rinsing the chickpeas and potatoes before adding to the cooker. These should be placed in the pot around 1 hour prior to the relevant finish time.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked and that all bones are removed. Drain off any left over liquid before serving and enjoy.
What a tasty recipe. The inclusion of the veggies especially the chick peas was wonderfu. I did 6 hours and te chicken was so tender and moist. The recipe was a little confusing to me. Questions like how do you slice the carrot . Do you slice them. I suggest a baseline of how much oregano to use..same with salt and pepper..Thanks so much for a great recipe.Jan 2013