Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from Bella Online's Greek food site.
Make and share this Slow Cooked Greek Style Chicken Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- The first step is to place the chicken in the slow cooker. If there are any bones on the meat then you can remove them but it is also okay to leave them in as they will usually come away once the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice as well as the preferred amount of oregano, salt and pepper into a large bowl and stir. Pour on top of the chicken and stir again.
- Set the cooker on a high heat for approximately 6 hours or on a low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Prepare the carrots, broccoli and shallots as well as draining and rinsing the chickpeas and potatoes before adding to the cooker. These should be placed in the pot around 1 hour prior to the relevant finish time.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked and that all bones are removed. Drain off any left over liquid before serving and enjoy.