Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is one of my favorite crockpot recipes.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup halved fresh snow pea pods (about 4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Reserve noodles from soup mixes.
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine pork and contents of seasoning packet from noodle soup mixes; mix well. Add gingerroot and water; stir to mix.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 6 to 8 hours.
- About 25 minutes before serving, break reserved noodles into pieces; add to pork mixture.
- Add pea pods and onions; mix well. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or just until vegetables are crisp tender.
- In small bowl, blend soy sauce and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into pork mixture.
- Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.