Recipe by KelBel
These ribs are amazing! Wonderful flavor. The flavor is reminiscent of German saurbraten. Serve with spaetzel and red cabbage.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious - and so easy! We served these over egg noodles to soak up for wonderful sweet/sour sauce! Made as directed except I subsituted BBQ sauce for the chili sauce (didn't have any). Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 1360.77 g short rib of beef
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 slice onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 118.29 ml chili sauce
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, packed
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 6 gingersnap cookies, crushed finely
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the short ribs with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown short ribs in olive oil.
- In a slow cooker, combine onions, wine, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the short ribs from the skillet to the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove ribs, and turn the slow cooker control to High.
- Finely crush gingersnnaps and stir into the sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over spatzel or buttered egg noodles.