Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The most tender chicken with the BEST taste! Best of all, no fuss. I served it up with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup lemon pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed not peeled
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix together the salt, paprika, and lemon pepper.
- Coat the chicken thoroughly with the spice mixture, adding more of the spices if needed.
- Place the coated chicken in the crockpot and cover with the garlic and onion.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until done.
Good flavor. I used more garlic and peeled mine. I also left some whole but also chopped some, and also added just 1/2 cup liquid (chicken broth) in the bottom of my crock pot. I went a bit easier on the salt which I was glad I did. It was good but missing something for me.
This was good!! My chicken was so tender and juicy. I couldn't taste the garlic I think the paprika overpowered it. I did add 1/2 cup of water so that I would have juices for gravy. As it turned out, I didn't need to add the water. With the leftovers the next day, I mixed them with a can of Cream of Chicken soup, half and half, some mushrooms and some sour cream. It was really good!! I will make this again but use less paprika I think and maybe a little bit more garlic. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '08.
Made for PAC Spring 08 I had to reduce this recipe quite a bit due to a smaller family size. The chicken was still tender. I think I may have cooked it a bit long (not the recipe's fault). The family thought it was pretty good and we would eat it again. Thanks for the recipe!