Recipe by kvamme
I found this online at You've Got Supper. This is what those girls say about it... These are fabulous for a crowd, preferably on a hot day at the beach with a tall margarita or mojito.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 tortillas
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- top with fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Add pork (try to trim the pork of all the fat or use pork loin) and rub on all sides with cumin. Season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Spread apricot preserves over top.
- 2. Remove seeds and ribs from jalapenos. Slice. Roughly chop red onion. Add jalapenos and red onion to slow cooker.
- 3. Roast until extremely tender, practically falling off the bone (about 6 hours on high). Remove pork. Shred with a fork. Return to pot and mix will all of the juices.
- 4. Spoon mixture into each tortilla with a slotted spoon. Top with shredded lettuce. Squeeze lime juice on top and serve.
- Option: top with fresh cilantro.