1/1 Photo of Slow Cooked / Crock Pot Pulled Pork
6 hrs 30 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This recipe is so easy to make and wonderful to serve a crowd. The recipe came from the Chicago Tribune Food section. I have tweaked it to perfection over the years. Enjoy! It freezes well. This can be made in the crock pot overnight and finished in the morning and be ready for lunch! This is not a saucy Pulled pork but that can be easily remedied by adding your fave BBQ sauce or by following my suggestion. Update 5/10: Top with Simple Creamy Cole Slaw Just Like Mama Maria Makes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder, fat removed (*have butcher trim, separate bone and tie with twine)
- 1/4 cup water, can use beer
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light molasses (mild)
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring, I do not use
- 16 soft buns, regular
- 1 pint creamy Coleslaw, for topping your pulled pork
- 1Switch on the crockpot to the LOW setting.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (except pork).
- 3Place pork shoulder in crock pot. Pour sauce over pork to coat.
- 4Cover and cook with lid on for approximately 8-10 hours on low or overnight. Cook until very tender and falling apart. *I often do this overnight.
- 5Remove pork from crock and cool enough for handling. When cooled, pull apart with fingers or forks. Put back in crock, keep warm until ready to serve.
- 6For a thicker sauce, add 1/2 C ketchup and 1/2 C your favorite BBQ sauce.
- 7Serve on soft buns and smother with a creamy coleslaw Simple Creamy Cole Slaw Just Like Mama Maria Makes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked / Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.7
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 560.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring