Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great way to prepare hash browns. This makes a lot so it is perfect to take to a potluck or family get-together.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed or shredded (processed cheese)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over potatoes and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender and heated through.