Recipe by Marie
Extremely easy recipe done in a crockpot.
Top Review by sugarpea
Great way to cook a fork-tender corned beef. I can't say the same for the vegetables though. Didn't care for the color or texture after such long cooking. I generally cook corned beef in water and I recommend doing so with this recipe. I tried the beef broth using no extra salt and low sodium broth. Even so the entire meal was very salty. Using water should avoid that problem. Corned beef broth makes a great base for bean soup.
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 medium onions, cut in quarters
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless fresh corn beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups beef broth (can also use water)
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In bottom of crockpot, place carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic.
- Trim fat from brisket and sprinkle with salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Place brisket on top of vegetables.
- Add beef broth, cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Before serving, remove 1 cup of broth from crockpot and pour into skillet.
- Add cabbage wedges and simmer until cabbage is tender.
- Cut meat across the grain and serve with vegetables and broth.