Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Taste of Home
Make and share this Slow Cooked Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 dash tony chachere's cajun seasoning
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
We also enjoyed this recipe. Cubed a couple of potatoes and added to the other ingredients. Would definately make again.
I have been looking for a slow cooker corn chowder recipe that is easy to prepare and tasty, and this one definitely fits the bill. Assembly of the ingredients only took a couple of minutes and the taste was excellent. The only thing I added was a tablespoon of chicken bouillon granules for a little more zing, but that is just a personal preference thing, it was great without that addition.
Similar to others who have posted reviews, I found this to be super quick, super easy, and really good. For those who follow weight watchers plan - this works out to 5 pts per serving