Recipe by Mirj
Top Review by AgileK9s
This is not only the best applesauce I've ever made - it's also the best applesauce I've ever eaten! Wonderful recipe, and so easy. One word of caution though, I used my apple peeler/slicer/corer to prepare the apples and the slices come out thin. The applesauce was fully cooked and getting ready to burn after 1 hour, 45 minutes. If you use one of these gadgets (mine is from Pampered Chef), watch the cooking time.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker, toss together the apples, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting 3 hours or until the apples are very tender.
- Mash up the apples with a potato masher.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream, if desired.