Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Come home to a beef and sausage chili dinner simmered all day.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (28 ounce) canprogresso diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans (undrained)
- 2 cups progresso chickpeas, drained, rinsed (garbanzo beans, from 19-oz can)
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef, sausage and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture with all remaining ingredients
- Cover; cook on Low setting 7 to 8 hours. Top individual servings with sour cream and green onions.