This is another great recipe from my cooking class. We all couldn't stop eating this. Be sure to cut the fennel as thinly as possible for the most delicate texture and flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (cut into large pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 2 cups dry white wine, plus extra if needed
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, and very thinly sliced
- 12 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olive, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1Heat the olive oil in a 14-inch skillet over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on both sides, turning once, about 5 minutes per side.
- 2Season with salt and pepper; add the garlic and rosemary; cook 2 more minutes.
- 3Deglaze with the wine, lower the heat to medium-low, and cover; cook the chicken 15 minutes, adding a little warm water if the liquid dries out.
- 4Fold in the fennel, scallions, olives, and vinegar, and cook 30 more minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the fennel is soft, still covered. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Chicken With Fennel, Olives and Scallions
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1008.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar