Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
Source: Mable Hoffman's Crockery Cookery
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2X1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In crockpot, combine chicken, broth, wine, onion, salt, thyme, pepper and parsley. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Turn control to high. Add mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into crockpot. Cover and cook on high 20 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, cooked spaghetti, and half the cheese. Cover and heat on high 5-10 minutes. Serve with remaining cheese.
easy to prepare. I would cut the onion quantity in half. Maybe mine was too large but the flavor was too strong for our taste. other than that, pretty straightforward. I would make this again.