For authentic Tex-Mex flavor, don't skip the fresh cilantro! Recipe is from Woman's World magazine.
Make and share this Slow-Cooked Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, diced, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped, 2 cups
- 1 large green pepper, chopped, 1 3/4 cups
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, Mexicorn, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- In separate bowl, combine chicken and tortilla chips.
- Place onions in 2 1/2 quart slow-cooker; top with green pepper, beans, chicken mixture and tomato mixture.
- Cook on high four hours.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
- Tip: Going out all day? Cook the chili on low for 10 hours - it will be just as delicious as the quicker version.