Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I am on a crock pot frenzy so I am writing up recipes that I think may be nice--have not tried this yet. I tried this last night, the flavour was wonderful, I made a quick change and added an extra cup of gravy.
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced large
- 2 large potatoes, diced large (I use waxy)
- 2 cups chicken gravy
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 slices smoked bacon, sliced
- 1 cup green beans (I use frozen)
- Dredge the chicken legs in flour and thyme.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and fry the bacon until not quite crispy, remove the bacon and put n a container in the fridge.
- Add chicken, and onions to the pan and brown well. I'd say about 5-10 minutes.
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Then then lay the chicken legs and onion on top.
- Add the peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken gravy and chicken stock.
- Cook on Auto for 6-8 hours.
- Add green beans and pre cooked bacon 10 minutes before serving.
- I will serve this with crusty bread.
This was tasty and easy to prepare. It was nice to have dinner ready with little preparation in the evening! The bacon gave it nice flavor and since my family loves bacon, I added a couple of extra pieces. I made it with homemade chicken stock and gravy but it would work fine with canned or jarred stock or gravy(just watch the salt). I made this for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks happygurl06!