Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a Taste of Home booklet that I received in the mail.
- 6 pork loin chops, bone-in, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup cherry pie filling, canned
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown the pork chops over medium heat on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a slow cooker, combine pie filling, lemon juice, bouillion and mace. Add pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is no longer pink.
This was so easy and so yummy. I substituted a can of whole cranberry sauce for the cherry and I think next time I will try it with pineapple! Pork is good with any sweet fruit... hmm, maybe even a can of apple pie filling! =) Kids loved it too, the sweetness to it was great and they love cranberry jelly anyways! Thanks Cheryl!
This was absolutely wonderful! The only thing I did differently was use butterfly cut boneless chops instead of "bone in". Thank you for this recipe!