Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Delicious and so convenient.
- 3 lbs pork back ribs
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- Spray inside of 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs if desired. Mix onion powder, mustard, red pepper, all spice, cinnamon and garlic powder; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour water over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker; drain and discard liquid.
- Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl; dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 1 hour.
This was good. Very tender. I wouldn't leave it in the slow cooker that long next time though as it fell apart when you tried to pick it up. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup.
I made these for my family and WOW, they were Amazing!! My husband and I both love jerk pork and this had a nice hint of those flavors. My kids especially liked it. I make ribs a lot and the kids are not usually that excited about it. this recipie they were all up for seconds! Great and Easy!!