I'm about to move so I'm posting all the recipes I have found written on scrap paper around my desk. I don't know where they're from or how long they take. I just don't want to lose them in the move.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in broccoli stems and cook 2 minutes; add florets and water and cover pan.
- 3Cook covered 15 minutes; uncover the pan, turn heat up to high and cook just long enough to evaporate any liquid left in the bottom of the pan.
- 4Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and serve.
- 5***The cook time in step 3 seems really long to me -- if you make this please let me know if it's right***.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Broccoli With Garlic & Olive Oil
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g