Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm about to move so I'm posting all the recipes I have found written on scrap paper around my desk. I don't know where they're from or how long they take. I just don't want to lose them in the move.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, cut in 1-inch florets and 1/4-inch stems
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli stems and cook 2 minutes; add florets and water and cover pan.
- Cook covered 15 minutes; uncover the pan, turn heat up to high and cook just long enough to evaporate any liquid left in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and serve.
- ***The cook time in step 3 seems really long to me -- if you make this please let me know if it's right***.