Easy and cheesy. The only way my son will eat broccoli. I sometimes spoon this on top of a baked potato.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a greased slow cooker.
- Sprinkle crackers on top; dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
I substituted fresh broccoli for the frozen, because I had some that I wanted to use up, and it worked like a charm. This is the first time I have ever cooked a casserole in my crockpot, and it turned out perfectly! My husband, who is not a big fan of cooked broccoli even raved! In fact, he asked to take some of the leftovers to work with him... Nothing short of a miracle! Great recipe with fabulous results!
This is wonderfull!!I cant belive that something that takes this little effort tastes so great!!I had to sub cream of mushroom for cream of celery,and I also threw in some leftover chicken .This was sooo creamy and cheesey,it took some serious willpower not to eat it all before dinner:)I agree Nurse Di, this is great with a baked potato and also great as a dip!!I will definatley be making this one again!Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!
Scrumptious broccoli Nurse Di. A very easy recipe that had fabulous taste. I will take your suggestion next time and use this as a topping for baked potatoes. Thanks!!