Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These ribs are cooked in the oven on a very low temperature and can also be made in a crockpot, if you are using more than 4 pounds ribs then double the sauce ingredients. These ribs goes great with Kittencal's Crispy Potato and Green Onion Pancakes (Latkes) or Kittencal's Potato Kugel...or mashed potatoes. The cayenne pepper or Tabasco is only optional, add in for extra heat.
Top Review by Whirley Mom
I'm with snappingfish - it's a no brainer can't fail recipe that is delicious. That's all I need! I also cooked it in a big cast iron skillet with a lid. I used pork country style ribs. I used smoked paprika instead of regular and montreal steak seasoning instead of season salt. Also, baked them for 1 hour with no sauce, then drained off the fat and added sauce and onions. Awesome.
- 1⁄2 cup flour (can use 3/4 cup flour)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 3 -5 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper (optional) or Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a roasting pan (large enough to hold the ribs and sauce).
- In a shallow dish combine flour with seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Dredge the ribs in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add in ribs and brown on all sides; remove to the roasting pan.
- Place the chopped onions over the ribs.
- In a saucepan mix together the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, molasses, cider vinegar and fresh garlic (if using) bring to a boil and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs and onions.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 300 degree oven for 3-4 hours or until ribs are tender.