1/4 Photos of Slow-Cooked Braised Oven Short Ribs
3 hrs 30 mins
These ribs are cooked in the oven on a very low temperature and can also be made in a crockpot, if you are using more than 4 pounds ribs then double the sauce ingredients. These ribs goes great with Kittencal's Crispy Potato and Green Onion Pancakes (Latkes) or Kittencal's Potato Kugel...or mashed potatoes. The cayenne pepper or Tabasco is only optional, add in for extra heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour (can use 3/4 cup flour)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1/2 teaspoon white salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 3 -5 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper (optional) or Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1Grease a roasting pan (large enough to hold the ribs and sauce).
- 2In a shallow dish combine flour with seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- 3Dredge the ribs in the flour mixture.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet; add in ribs and brown on all sides; remove to the roasting pan.
- 5Place the chopped onions over the ribs.
- 6In a saucepan mix together the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, molasses, cider vinegar and fresh garlic (if using) bring to a boil and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
- 7Pour the sauce over the ribs and onions.
- 8Cover with foil and bake in a 300 degree oven for 3-4 hours or until ribs are tender.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Braised Oven Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1665.7
- Calories from Fat 1206
- Total Fat 134.0 g
- Saturated Fat 55.0 g
- Cholesterol 258.5 mg
- Sodium 1028.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: