Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Excellent ribs slow cooked for optimal taste! Serve over rice.
Make and share this Slow Cooked Bourbon Braised Beef Back Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef back ribs, bone-in
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In small bowl or tray, mix rub ingredients thoroughly.
- Rub onto beef back ribs.
- In a large hot skillet, heat oil.
- Brown ribs for several minutes on each side in batches.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker insert.
- Add remaining meal ingredients into slow cooker insert and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice.
This is fasntastic!!!!!!!!! I made thee for DH's bday dinner snd everyone raved about them! I will make these many times through the summer nd winter. I usually just put the ribs in the crock weith the rub or sauce and this time decided to do the extra steps. It was so worth it! I did add in an additional step of deglazing the pan wityh a 1/4 c of additional bourban and poured that into the crock over the ribs. Wonderful flavors melded together and my house smelled "delicious" as everyone said coming through the door. pics to follow
***PERFECT!*** I'm not a big beef rib fan, but Wow.. Just Wow! My husband brought home some beef ribs and I thought , what am I going to do with those. I can't have sugar so I didn't want to BBQ them. So I headed to RecipeZaar and this recipe stuck out immediately. I substituted splenda for the sugar and deleted the carrots (I didn't have any). This was hearty, slightly sweet, sticky and wonderful. I really enjoyed this dish. I'm making it again tomorrow using a seven bone roast. I plan to serve it over sour cream mashed potatoes. A great hearty meal for a cold winters day! Thanks so much.
I agree this recipe is awful bad after taste simply not appealing and I too now have nothing prepared for dinner and my beautiful ribs go to the trash this is just terrible