Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Excellent ribs slow cooked for optimal taste! Serve over rice.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
This is fasntastic!!!!!!!!! I made thee for DH's bday dinner snd everyone raved about them! I will make these many times through the summer nd winter. I usually just put the ribs in the crock weith the rub or sauce and this time decided to do the extra steps. It was so worth it! I did add in an additional step of deglazing the pan wityh a 1/4 c of additional bourban and poured that into the crock over the ribs. Wonderful flavors melded together and my house smelled "delicious" as everyone said coming through the door. pics to follow
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs beef back ribs, bone-in
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl or tray, mix rub ingredients thoroughly.
- Rub onto beef back ribs.
- In a large hot skillet, heat oil.
- Brown ribs for several minutes on each side in batches.
- Transfer ribs to slow cooker insert.
- Add remaining meal ingredients into slow cooker insert and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice.