Recipe by Lainey39
This main dish meal can be cooked in the oven if you don't have a slow cooker. Just follow the alternate directions below if you choose to not use the slow cooker. You can serve this with rye bread to sop up the juices.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! I made this as directed, except that I also added some potatoes, baby carrots, and celery to the crockpot. Smelled good, tasted great, and I ended up with a full meal on the table in minutes when it was done. Thanks Lainey for sharing. Made for ZWT8 - Great Britain.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- To use a slow cooker, omit oil and place beef directly into cooker.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 hours or until roast is very tender.
- If you don't have a slow cooker, heat a large pot over high heat.
- Add oil.
- Brown roast on all sides.
- Add beer, onion, soy sauce, pepper and basil; bring to a boil.
- Cover and place pot in 275 degree oven for 7-9 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, sliced, with juices, for up to 3 days.