1/2 Photos of Slow-Cooked Beer-Braised Beef
6 hrs 10 mins
This main dish meal can be cooked in the oven if you don't have a slow cooker. Just follow the alternate directions below if you choose to not use the slow cooker. You can serve this with rye bread to sop up the juices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To use a slow cooker, omit oil and place beef directly into cooker.
- 2Top with remaining ingredients.
- 3Cook on high for 1 hour.
- 4Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 hours or until roast is very tender.
- 5If you don't have a slow cooker, heat a large pot over high heat.
- 6Add oil.
- 7Brown roast on all sides.
- 8Add beer, onion, soy sauce, pepper and basil; bring to a boil.
- 9Cover and place pot in 275 degree oven for 7-9 hours, or until meat is tender.
- 10Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, sliced, with juices, for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Beer-Braised Beef
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 364.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 72.9 g