Recipe by Chef mariajane
I have this addiction, I have to read every recipe that I come to!! Here is one that I haven't had time to make yet, but man, oh man, does it sound good, Reading the ingredients just make my mouth water - Definately on my to-do list, and in the near future I predict!!
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
Good with a rich red sauce but a tad too tangy so I increased the sugar to satisfy my family ending up with about 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar. Made for New Kids on the Block, a tag game.
- 793.78-907.18 g beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 large onions, halved and cut into 8 thin wedges
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml water
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, toss the beef with the flour until evenly coated. Mix in the onions. In a small bowl, stir together the tomato paste, red wine, cumin, cinnamon, lemon juice, and water until well blended. Stir into the beef mixture in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-7 hours or until meat is tender, but not falling apart. Stir in the sugar.
- Serve topped with the walnuts and the Feta cheese. Serve over noodles or rice.