Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This dish can be cooked in either a crock pot or a roasting pan in the oven.
- 453.59-680.38 g stewing beef
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled & cut into large chunks
- 236.59 ml baby carrots
- 297.66 g can condensed beef broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 1.23 ml garlic powder (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 28.34 g package brown gravy mix (package size varies)
- 297.66 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Assemble all the ingredients except the gravy mix & mushroom soup in a crock pot or roasting pan. Cover with the lid.
- If using a crock pot cook on low for 5 hours (half that time on high). If cooking in the oven bake for 2.5 hours on 325°F.
- During the last hour of cooking stir the brown gravy mix & cream of mushroom soup into the pan. Recover & continue to cook.
We enjoyed this a lot.When I wrote it down I missed the potatoes.So I served it with mashed potatoes.