Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This dish can be cooked in either a crock pot or a roasting pan in the oven.
Make and share this Slow Cooked Beef Stew & Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb stewing beef
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled & cut into large chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix (package size varies)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Assemble all the ingredients except the gravy mix & mushroom soup in a crock pot or roasting pan. Cover with the lid.
- If using a crock pot cook on low for 5 hours (half that time on high). If cooking in the oven bake for 2.5 hours on 325°F.
- During the last hour of cooking stir the brown gravy mix & cream of mushroom soup into the pan. Recover & continue to cook.
We enjoyed this a lot.When I wrote it down I missed the potatoes.So I served it with mashed potatoes.