1/1 Photo of Slow-Cooked Beef Short Ribs With Red Wine Sauce
6 hrs 25 mins
Meredith .F's Note:
Yum! The smell of these ribs simmering all day is just mouthwatering! Make sure to serve with a big loaf of crusty bread to mop up every last bit of the sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1Mix flour, salt & pepper. Coat ribs with the mixture.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil over med-high heat and brown the short ribs on all sides.
- 3In a crock pot, combine onions, 1 cup of red wine, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, dry mustard & chili powder. Add ribs to the mixture.
- 4Cover & cook on low for 6 hours.
- 5Remove ribs to a platter and keep warm.
- 6Turn crockpot to high and add remaining flour and red wine. Cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly combined and sauce has thickened.
- 7Pour sauce over ribs and serve immediately!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Beef Short Ribs With Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1416.5
- Calories from Fat 1030
- Total Fat 114.5 g
- Saturated Fat 48.3 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 1216.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 46.1 g