Recipe by carolinafan
The savory gravy makes this wonderful.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This roast is excellent! I LOVE horseradish and it really shines in this recipe. I made as posted except I did not add potatoes because I wanted to serve mashed potatoes alongside. The meat was super tender and not dried out. We really enjoyed our dinner and will be serving this many times in the future. Thanks for posting a keeper!
- 3 lbs boneless beef rump roast or 3 lbs beef tip roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 garlic clove, slivered
- 3 tablespoons horseradish cream
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise and into 2-inch pieces
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut in half lengthwise and into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- With tip of knife, make cuts in top of beef roast; insert garlic slivers. Spread beef with 1 tablespoon of the horseradish. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the gravy mix. Place beef in 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange carrots around beef. Top with potatoes and celery.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, remaining gravy mix, salt and pepper; mix until well blended. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Just before serving, remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- In medium saucepan, combine cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water and remaining 2 tablespoons horseradish; blend well.
- Pour juices from slow cooker into cornstarch mixture; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut beef into slices. Serve beef with vegetables and gravy.