1/1 Photo of Slow Cooked Beef Roast and Vegetables With Horseradish Gravy
9 hrs 25 mins
The savory gravy makes this wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless beef rump roast or 3 lbs beef tip roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 garlic clove, slivered
- 3 tablespoons horseradish cream
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise and into 2-inch pieces
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut in half lengthwise and into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1With tip of knife, make cuts in top of beef roast; insert garlic slivers. Spread beef with 1 tablespoon of the horseradish. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the gravy mix. Place beef in 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange carrots around beef. Top with potatoes and celery.
- 2In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, remaining gravy mix, salt and pepper; mix until well blended. Pour over vegetables.
- 3Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 9 hours.
- 4Just before serving, remove beef and vegetables from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- 5In medium saucepan, combine cornstarch, 3 tablespoons water and remaining 2 tablespoons horseradish; blend well.
- 6Pour juices from slow cooker into cornstarch mixture; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 7Cut beef into slices. Serve beef with vegetables and gravy.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Beef Roast and Vegetables With Horseradish Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.2
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 582.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rump roast