1/1 Photo of Slow Cooked Beef Roast
10 hrs 20 mins
This easy one pot roast makes it's own gravy and is absolutely delicious. If the gravy is a little thinner than you like just add a spoonful of flour to thicken it before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 -4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb baby carrots, left whole
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1Coat roast in the flour, in a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2Place the onion, carrots, potatoes and parsley in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- 3Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup and Worcestershire sauce over the roast and veggies.
- 4Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- 5Remove roast to a serving platter and cut into slices, place the veggies around it.
- 6Pour gravy into a saucepan, (adding the extra flour if needed) and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 7Serve gravy in a boat and pour over the plated sliced roast and veggies.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Beef Roast
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 205.2 mg
- Sodium 1782.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 82.6 g