Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This easy one pot roast makes it's own gravy and is absolutely delicious. If the gravy is a little thinner than you like just add a spoonful of flour to thicken it before serving.
- 3 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 -4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb baby carrots, left whole
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Coat roast in the flour, in a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the roast in the oil for 15 minutes, or until all sides are well browned. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the onion, carrots, potatoes and parsley in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the roast on top of the vegetables and pour the soup and Worcestershire sauce over the roast and veggies.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and cut into slices, place the veggies around it.
- Pour gravy into a saucepan, (adding the extra flour if needed) and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve gravy in a boat and pour over the plated sliced roast and veggies.
This was good and easy to make. My roast was 2.5 pounds. I used Pam instead of vegetable oil and didn't measure the salt and pepper when putting on the roast. I cut back on the worcestershire sauce as it seemed like it would be too much. I only used 2 tablespoons and still thought it was a bit overpowering. It made the roast taste good but the gravy tasted too much like worcestershire sauce. I actually cooked this on the stove top for about 2.5 hours and the meat was really tender.
A great pot roast dinner was shared with family and guests! I used fresh carrots and cut them into chunks, added an extra onion and some crushed garlic. The family requested mashed potatoes, so I cooked them separately. I roasted the beef in the oven at 300 degrees for approximately 2 1/2 hours.The gravy was delicious, the meat tender and juicy.