Recipe by jtgeorge550
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Slow cooked beef with a lushous gravy made with Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 (4 lb) beef roast
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (1 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedry Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 large shallots, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the roast with the salt, black pepper, garlic powder & onion powder.
- Spray a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the roast in the cooker along with all of the remaining ingredients.Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours. If a slow cooker is not available, use a large deep casserole and bake in the oven at 200f. for about 7 hours.
- When the meat is tender & the vegetables are cooked through, carve the meat and serve with the vegetables and yummy gravy, garnished with the chopped fresh chives.