Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Delicious served over rice.
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak, trimmed of fat, cut into cubes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup condensed beef broth
- 3 tablespoons purchased teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, if desired
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, teriyaki baste and glaze, sesame seed and sesame oil; mix well.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in 1-1/2 cups water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well. Stir cornstarch mixture and broccoli into beef mixture. Cover; cook on Low setting 30 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve over rice.
Really good... very tender beef, easy to do... only thing was that I was hoping for a bit more flavor, or maybe a thicker sauce... I added more teryaki which helped but not quite perfect. I also doubled it and used fresh mushrooms. Still very enjoyable and I will make it again for sure! Thanks!
I was looking for a recipe that uses boneless beef top round and decided that this sounded about right. I changed the recipe just a bit because I was too lazy to go to the grocery store, but I don't think I changed it much. I doubled the recipe and made my own teriyaki sauce. I also used fresh mushrooms that I added along with the broccoli and threw in some green peppers that came out of someone's garden. When the meat was cooked and OHHHH SOOOOOO tender, I removed everything from the pan except for the sauce and thickened it with a little slurry of cornstarch and cold water. It was delicious over brown rice! Thanks for posting this, carolinafan! **edited to add...I forgot to mention that I browned the beef and then cooked this in the oven at 325 degrees for about 2 hours. I just didn't have enough time to do the crockpot thing. About 15 minutes before it was done, I threw in the green vegies and the mushrooms.