Recipe by carolinafan
Delicious served over rice.
Top Review by ***chef katie***
Really good... very tender beef, easy to do... only thing was that I was hoping for a bit more flavor, or maybe a thicker sauce... I added more teryaki which helped but not quite perfect. I also doubled it and used fresh mushrooms. Still very enjoyable and I will make it again for sure! Thanks!
- 1 lb boneless beef top round steak, trimmed of fat, cut into cubes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup condensed beef broth
- 3 tablespoons purchased teriyaki baste and glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, if desired
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, mushrooms, onion, broth, teriyaki baste and glaze, sesame seed and sesame oil; mix well.
- Cover; cook on Low setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 35 minutes before serving, cook rice in 1-1/2 cups water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch; blend well. Stir cornstarch mixture and broccoli into beef mixture. Cover; cook on Low setting 30 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Serve over rice.