Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Can use bratwurst or Polish sausage instead of hot dogs. Serve with cornbread.
- 1 lb hot dog, each cut into 4 pieces
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- In 3-1/2 quart to 4-quart slow cooker; mix ingredients.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
A nice variation of the usual, more simplified version of beans and wieners. 2 adults were eating this, so I doubled the amount of onions. I had purchased a couple of packages of Jennie O Turkey dogs on sale awhile back, and this was a good way to use up one of the 12oz packages. I followed the rest of the recipe exactly, except after 4 hrs, I turned the crock pot to high for 45 mins. Thanks, carolinafan!
This is great!!! I made beans and Wieners to go with Mac and Cheese Dinner for a house full of children. I have you know they ate me out of house and home..LOL..They really had a grand time..I really a grand time with them also..Thank You for a Really "KID" Frindly recipe. Hugs