Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
OH MY! It is apple season here and what a recipe to have. While you are cooking, canning, reading a book, listening to music, dancing, what better way then to make in the crockpot? Bonus- YOUR house smells divine! (Cookbook Swap 2008, ALSKANN)
- Scoop out center of each apple and and leave cavity about 1/2 in from bottom.
- Peel top of apples down about 1 in and brush lemon juice on top.
- In bowl, combine craisins, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spoon mixture into apple cavities.
- Pour 1/2 c water in sprayed crockpot and arrange apples inside.
- Cover and cook on low 1-3 hrs or until tender.
- Serve warm or room temperature with carmel ice cream topping.
- (Serving over ice cream is optional and recommended).
Just wonderful, I baked my apples and they turned out wonderful. I made them as a side with my Apple Tenderloin! My hubby loved them, as we know apples and pork go together great! Thank You for sharing!!! :-)
Very good. I would make again. I fit 6 Granny Smith apples in my crock pot and cooked on low for 4 hours. I didn't mix the butter in the filling I just put a dot of butter on each apple after I filled it. Had plenty of filling for six apples. I didn't have any ice cream for serving but they were great on their own. Thanks for the recipe.
Very tasty served warm with ice-cream! The filling complements the apple very nicely. I entered one in the county fair & placed first!