1/5 Photos of Slow-Cooked Baked Apples
1 hr 20 mins
OH MY! It is apple season here and what a recipe to have. While you are cooking, canning, reading a book, listening to music, dancing, what better way then to make in the crockpot? Bonus- YOUR house smells divine! (Cookbook Swap 2008, ALSKANN)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scoop out center of each apple and and leave cavity about 1/2 in from bottom.
- 2Peel top of apples down about 1 in and brush lemon juice on top.
- 3In bowl, combine craisins, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spoon mixture into apple cavities.
- 4Pour 1/2 c water in sprayed crockpot and arrange apples inside.
- 5Cover and cook on low 1-3 hrs or until tender.
- 6Serve warm or room temperature with carmel ice cream topping.
- 7(Serving over ice cream is optional and recommended).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow-Cooked Baked Apples
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.6
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 115.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 66.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g