Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
OH MY! It is apple season here and what a recipe to have. While you are cooking, canning, reading a book, listening to music, dancing, what better way then to make in the crockpot? Bonus- YOUR house smells divine! (Cookbook Swap 2008, ALSKANN)
Top Review by Janet C.
Just wonderful, I baked my apples and they turned out wonderful. I made them as a side with my Apple Tenderloin! My hubby loved them, as we know apples and pork go together great! Thank You for sharing!!! :-)
- 4-5 baking apples
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml craisins
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out center of each apple and and leave cavity about 1/2 in from bottom.
- Peel top of apples down about 1 in and brush lemon juice on top.
- In bowl, combine craisins, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spoon mixture into apple cavities.
- Pour 1/2 c water in sprayed crockpot and arrange apples inside.
- Cover and cook on low 1-3 hrs or until tender.
- Serve warm or room temperature with carmel ice cream topping.
- (Serving over ice cream is optional and recommended).