Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I don't even like Pork, but was tricked into tasting this dish when I was told it was chicken. WOW! The meat was sooo tender and juicy; so tender in fact, that it was literally falling apart! It was like nothing I'd ever tasted before! Definitely not like my mother's hard, crusty pork chops! lol! This recipes goes hand in hand w/ some mashed potatoes. Just pour the leftover gravy on the taters' and enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 lean boneless pork chops (1 in. thick)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine 1st four ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chops in flour mixture and set aside.
- Combine what is left of the flour mixture w/ the chicken broth and pour into your crock pot.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and cook the chops in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Place chops in crock pot and cook covered on High for about 2 to 5 hours or until tender.
- Serve w/ hot rice and/or mashed potatoes.
- ++If the gravy becomes too thick just add a little water. If you accidentally add too much water then add a little more flour.
- Season w/ salt and pepper too your taste.
Chris and I had this served over mashed potatoes with a side of snow peas...He and I both LOVED it!! Talk about simple! Chris gave it 6 stars...and I give it the same..Chris took one bite and said " DO NOT lose this recipe!!!" Needless to say, this is a definite keeper..thank you for a delicious, EASY meal!! absolutely wonderful!!!!
This was far the best dish I have had in the crockpot. It was so easy to make and just delicious. My DH said it was 5 stars, a real keeper. He really liked the gravy thought it was just perfect. Thanks so much this will surely be in our meal plans from now on.
This was VERY good and SO easy to make. In a blink of an eye they were gone. Kind of annoyed me....never got MY "seconds".
For those that have complained that there is not enough taste, makes me wonder which broth they used. Make sure to use CONDENSED chicken broth as that has more flavor then regular chicken broth and is better for the gravy.
It usually will be found with the Cambell's soups not with the Swanson chicken broth.
I've tried MANY receipes that were disapointing, this one is a keeper!!